About Us

My photo
We make intentional lifestyle choices to use the abundance God has given us here in the U.S., so that we can give to those less fortunate than us in 3rd world countries. We want others to see the difference as Jesus, not us. We are all sinners in need of a savior. We are NOTHING without Jesus! Everything we have comes from Him and it is such a blessing to share it!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I have seen the Lord!

Job 42:5  "I had heard of you with my ears, but now my eyes see you!"
This was Aunt Ketty's theme verse for her cancer. She said that cancer allowed her to finally see God to the fullest! She was a beloved wife & mother of 7, a 2nd grade teacher, who used her cancer as a platform to proclaim Christ!  She testified of God's goodness in churches, school groups and on the radio! She praised God that he counted her worthy of bearing cancer in His name! 
What an amazing legacy she left behind for her children and the other children at New Hope Uganda. Please pray for Okuth (her widowed husband) and her 7 precious children who are now without a mother.
We had several sweet times of fellowship with her in June, filled with laughter and tears.  On one of her bad days, I sat on her bed and gave her a shoulder massage. We sang and prayed with her.  When we said our final goodbye, she said, "See you at the banquet table in Heaven!"  She knew God was calling her home; she knew her time here on earth was almost over. As any mother would, she worried about her young children left behind.  She worried about her husband left alone caring for their 7 children. But she was at peace.

She was a kindred spirit; a soul sister; a special friend.  Joey led 3 of her children to Christ at our VBS two years ago.  I would sit in her classroom after school to talk and we connected at a deep heart level; we bonded through laughter and tears.  Shortly after that trip we heard of her cancer.  I'm so grateful for Facebook that kept us connected through those 2 years of battling cancer, and even more grateful for the chance to see her one last time.  I rejoice in victory over the grave, as I mourn the loss of my dear friend.  It makes me smile to envision her dancing and worshipping before the throne of her Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment