About Us

My photo
We make intentional lifestyle choices to use the abundance God has given us here in the U.S., so that we can give to those less fortunate than us in 3rd world countries. We want others to see the difference as Jesus, not us. We are all sinners in need of a savior. We are NOTHING without Jesus! Everything we have comes from Him and it is such a blessing to share it!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Our apartment is on the bottom floor of the boys dorm of the First Love Children's Home.
We LOVE living right here with the kids!

There's been so many improvements to the property since we were here 2 years ago!

This is the new girls dorm (from 2 angles). The girls are in their school uniforms.
The whole place has been beautifully landscaped!

Alea loves playing with the little ones on the new playground.....


There are now 2 greenhouses where they can grow some of their own food for the kids.
Joey's favorite African greens, kumusaweki.....

The soccer field/basketball court/play surface is now finished and enclosed....

Baraka Women's sewing center has been moved from Raila in the slum, to here on the property.
They have so much more space now....

This is all the food in the storeroom for the kids...






2 comments:

  1. Joey, Anissa, Alea, and Jonas - Hey! Your blog is so incredibly good, with so many interesting pictures and explanations! It was so good to see the First Love dorms that Tom helped to build! The pictures of the kids and the school, the food to feed them, the greenhouse, the athletic court, the chickens, cow, and other pictures were just great as well! I'd like to taste that type of greens if they have it in Uganda, Joey! I wish I could sleep for you guys these days, so you'd get a little more rest. I talked to Susan Hilker today, and we are going out for lunch next week. You will laugh at this... I was freaking out today, because when I was checking the size of the suitcase on Qatar Airways, on one page, it said that we could only check one bag of 70 pounds, and I thought what if we couldn't take our mission tubs, and then on one page, it said we could only carry on one bag that was 15 pounds or less. Of course, then, I looked on other pages for the Qatar airways and found that everything was as you said!!! :) Well, I'd better go. Tim's aunt and uncle from North Dakota (the ones whose church we stole Doug from) are visiting tomorrow, and I'm making rolls. Love ya, Vicki for Tim See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, Anissa, Alea, and Jonas, This is my second comment of the day, and I don't know if you will receive either of them, but I keep trying. Anyway, your pictures and explanations are phenomenal! I love seeing the new children's home, and the children, the new athletic court, the school, the chickens, the cow, and the greenhouse. Have you been with Tom Tidwell at all while he's there? Joey - I'd like to sample your favorite type of green if they have that in Uganda when we go! Anissa - I got some more swimsuits to take over if I can fit them in. Well, I've got to go because Tim's aunt and uncle are coming over (the ones whose church we stole Doug from) from North Dakota. Did I Just tell you that on another comment that DID go through. Oh well! Love you guys, See you soon! Vicki for Tim

    ReplyDelete