About Us

My photo
We make intentional lifestyle choices to use the abundance God has given us here in the U.S., so that we can give to those less fortunate than us in 3rd world countries. We want others to see the difference as Jesus, not us. We are all sinners in need of a savior. We are NOTHING without Jesus! Everything we have comes from Him and it is such a blessing to share it!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Social Butterfly

Jonas has one of those personalities that makes him standout in a crowd. 
You always find him surrounded by a group of kids....
Or followed by a group of kids....
Brian & Jonas have been special friends since 2011:
Jonas is loved by young & old alike. Aunt Lucy has a special place for him in her heart. She said he brings her so much laughter and joy. One time when I stopped to visit her she was upset I didn't bring Jonas with me and complained that he hadn't stopped by to see her for 2 whole days. At lunch I told Jonas what she said. As soon as he was done eating, he immediately started running off. I hollered after him to see where he was going and he answered, "Aunt Lucy misses me...I have to go see her!"
He got to share a bday cake with Lydia (who he torments by chasing after her with a lizard in his hand, but she absolutely adore him. Everytime she sees me she asks "where's Jonas?")
One time I found him sitting under a banta full of adults, with a huge knife cutting a mango. It looked like they were in the middle of a meeting, so I said, "I'm so sorry if Jonas is interrupting." And they replied,"Not at all! You let him stay...we are enjoying his company so much!"
He always has to be in on the action:
(A cobra axed in half...luckily there was someone chopping wood right next to the trail)
He's always said everyone is his best friend....even within minutes of meeting someone he'll say, "Mom this is my new best friend!" This kid's heart knows no bounds...race, age, culture, disability. Everywhere we go, he makes friends with all people and animals. He embraces the philosophy "Carpe Diem!" He lives as if the world was meant for him! We could learn a lot from this 12 year old boy.








No comments:

Post a Comment