About Us

My photo
We make intentional lifestyle choices to use the abundance God has given us here in the U.S., so that we can give to those less fortunate than us in 3rd world countries. We want others to see the difference as Jesus, not us. We are all sinners in need of a savior. We are NOTHING without Jesus! Everything we have comes from Him and it is such a blessing to share it!

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Touching Stories from Camp

The first day of outreach the school uniforms were pink. Most of the kids' uniforms had holes or small rips of some kind, but one boy's was completely ripped along the seem. Alea ran to our tent to get the sewing kit she'd brought along for just such an occasion!
Leave it to our daughter to bring pink thread to Africa!! ;)
(I only regret not getting a photo of her with the boy after she was finished sewing his shirt!)

When I told this girl I loved her smile she replied, "It's because I love the Lord!" 
Before they left, she asked me if she could pray for me!! Completely humbled & touched my heart! Yet another example of how we come to bless, but we are the ones blessed!
So when she was done, I asked her if I could also pray for her and she said, "Yes! Please pray for me because my family are all Muslim and they make my life very difficult because I am a Christian." 
And yet that smile of hers can't be diminished!
Because she loves the Lord!

When we were here 2 yrs ago, one of the Camp staff, Eva, was pregnant with a boy. She asked Alea if she had any ideas for boy's names since she was due very soon and they hadn't picked a name yet. Alea suggested "Eden". When the baby was born the grandfather wanted him named Jesse. But lo & behold, they got pregnant right away again with another boy and that one they named Eden. So now 2 yrs later, we got to meet both sweet boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment